Pan-seared halloumi on a bed of lemony-garlicky yogurt, topped with lemon-dressed cucumbers, more lemon juice, olive oil, smoky urfa chili flakes + a light sprinkling of sumac.
- Thinly slice a couple Persian cucumbers on a mandolin, toss with some kosher salt in a colander over a bowl.
- Set aside for about 20 min.
- Rinse and drain, pat dry if needed.
- Toss with a bit of lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix about ½ cup of plain regular or Greek yogurt with a small crushed clove of garlic, 2 tsp of lemon juice and some lemon zest. Stir to combine. Set aside as well.
- Slice a block of halloumi, about ¼-½ inch thickness.
In a little neutral oil, sear the halloumi on med-high heat until golden on one side, about 2-3 min., checking occasionally.
Fry the other side as well.
- spread some yogurt mixture on a plate or bowl,
- lay on some seared halloumi,
- top with lemony cucumbers, s
- sprinkle all over with urfa chili flakes + sumac,
- drizzle on some extra virgin olive oil.
- Adjust seasoning (salt, lemon, pepper, etc.) at the table.