PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage (about ¾ pound cabbage)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into very thin matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ginger, garlic, miso, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and water, and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage, carrots and sesame seeds together with the dressing. Serve immediately if you like it very crunchy or let it sit covered in the refrigerator for up to a few hours if you prefer it more slaw-like.
Originally published in food52.com