- 1/4 cup strawberry jam, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon Premium Cannabutter
- Four 1 1/2-inch-thick slices of brioche
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Fleur de sel
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Crème fraîche, for serving
- 1/2 lemon
How to Make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, stir together jam and Cannabutter.
- Cut a 2-inch pocket in the side of each brioche slice;.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of jam mixture into each one.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs with the cream, granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of fleur de sel.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Dip 2 slices of the stuffed brioche in the egg mixture and soak until saturated.
- Add to the skillet and cook over moderate heat until nicely browned on both sides, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the French toast to a baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining butter, brioche and egg mixture.
- Bake the French toast for about 5 minutes, until cooked through.
- Transfer to plates and sift confectioners’ sugar evenly on top. Dollop crème fraîche and strawberry jam on the French toast.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over each slice and sprinkle with fleur de sel. Serve right away.
Each serving contains about 11mg THC based on the Premium Cannabutter recipe and a 20% THC strain of cannabis.
Originally published in foodandwine.com