Prep time: 25min
Servings: 4 portions
- 250 g glutinous rice
- 500 ml water
- 500 ml milk, 3,5%
- 400 ml heavy cream 35%
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 6 cardamom, seeds
- 2 stick(s) cinnamon
- cinnamon, ground, to serve
- In a pot, add the rice, water, milk and heavy cream.
- In a small food processor, beat the granulated sugar and 6 cardamom seeds. Beat for 1 minute, until the seeds are finely ground.
- If you don’t have cardamom, you can add a vanilla pod and its seeds directly to the pot.
- Add the aromatic mixture to the pot.
- Stir and add the cinnamon sticks.
- Place the pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes stirring continuously. It is important to stir continuously so that the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, lower heat to medium-low.
- The longer you stir the more the mixture will thicken.
- As soon as the rice begins to thicken, remove from heat, remove lid and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- You can serve it warm or cold. If you like it cold, refrigerate to chill.
- To serve your rice pudding in the traditional Greek way, sprinkle with a generous amount of ground cinnamon.