Greek inspired chicken that combines pantry staple ingredients to make a flavorful marinade for an easy summer dish!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest + juice of 2 large lemons
- 2 Tbsp. oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated or minced
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 lbs. chicken drumsticks
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, oregano, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- With a paper towel, lightly pat dry the chicken and then add to a large glass bowl or gallon size ziploc bag.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, then toss the chicken around to make sure it is fully coated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes up to 4 hours.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat the grill on high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the grill. Grill until cooked through and golden brown on all sides, about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Add additional time for chicken to marinate
Only 6 ingredients for the marinade and most can be found in your pantry. Lemon juice, garlic, and oregano are the main flavor bombs. Pour the marinade over the chicken and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, either in a glass bowl or a large ziploc bag.
Originally published in littlebroken.com