Active Time: 15 Mins
Total Time: 30 Mins
Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: 1 cup vegetables, 2 Tbsp. dressing)
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 lb.), cut crosswise into 3/4-in.-thick slices
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 lb.), halved crosswise, and cut lengthwise into 3/4-in.- thick slices
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium (400°F). Combine the shallot and red wine vinegar in the bowl of a mini food processor. Let stand 5 minutes. Add the honey, basil, and 1/4 cup of the olive oil, and process until mixture is thickened, about 10 seconds. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Set aside until ready to serve.
Brush eggplant and zucchini slices with remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill eggplant and zucchini slices, covered with grill lid, until slightly charred and tender, 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a platter. Spoon 1/2 cup vinaigrette over vegetables. Serve with remaining vinaigrette and Grilled Shrimp Po’ Boys.
Originally published in SoutherLiving.com