Honey garlic butter roasted carrots are the best side dish to add to your dinner table!
Oven-roasted carrots are incredibly delicious with just a little garlic and olive oil, but these Honey Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots take them to a whole new level! Buttery, tender carrots roasted with the best honey garlic butter sauce!
After posting your favourite Honey Garlic Butter Sauce, what better way to use that sauce than to throw it on some carrots and let the oven do its thing? With the holidays fast approaching, many of you have been emailing to ask me what side dishes or meal plans I can suggest for your dinner plans. This is one of the recipes I make all the time and thought you guys would LOVE just as much as we do!
how to roast carrots
It doesn’t get any easier.
- Peel carrots or leave them with skin on: this is personal preference. You don’t need to peel carrots as long as they are washed and scrubbed clean to remove any dirt. We prefer the flavour of peeled roasted carrots.
- Trim ends then halve for faster roasting time.
- Drizzle with HALF the sauce. This is where the secret lies to getting maximum flavour out of your roasted carrots! When the remaining sauce is drizzled over them after roasting, your left with incredible flavours all over these carrots!
how long to roast carrots?
It takes only 20 minutes to roast carrots, depending on your oven, to have a beautiful delicious pan of honey garlic butter roasted carrots on your weekday, weekend OR holiday table.
season with a little extra salt and pepper after you’ve drizzled over the remaining sauce!
Honey Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots are the best side dish to add to your dinner table! Buttery, tender carrots roasted with the best honey garlic butter sauce! Honey Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots take ordinary roasted carrots to a whole new level!
Prep: 5 min.
Cook: 20 mins.
- 2 pounds (1 kg) carrots washed and peeled (or unpeeled)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt plus more for seasoning
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking oil spray; set aside.
- Trim ends of carrots and cut into thirds.
- Melt butter in a pan or skillet over medium-heat. Pour in honey and cook, while stirring, until completely melted through the butter. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant while stirring.
- Add the carrots and allow the sauce to thicken for a further minute, while tossing the carrots through the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer carrots to baking sheet in a single layer so they cook evenly. Toss to evenly coat.
- Roast for 20 minutes, or until carrots are fork-tender. Broil (or grill) for 2-3 minutes on high heat to crisp/char the edges.
- OPTIONAL: Transfer them back into the skillet and allow carrots to simmer in the sauce over high heat for 5 minutes to thicken the sauce into a glaze. *SEE NOTES
- Season with a little extra salt and pepper if desired. Garnish with parsley.
- Arrange onto serving platter and enjoy!
*If too much water has been released from the carrots while roasting and you want a thick glaze, transfer the carrots into the skillet and add a cornstarch slurry to the sauce (1/2 teaspoon cornstarch to 2 teaspoons water), while stirring it though quickly until the sauce thickens. Repeat until reaching your desired consistency.
Originally Published in cafedelites.com