Sunny side up
Cooking a fried egg is not rocket science but the following tips should help you cook the perfect egg sunny side up. Always use the freshest eggs possible, that makes all the difference. A non stick pan and low heat is the secret to egg perfection.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp butter
- Salt & Pepper
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a non stick frying pan on medium heat. Once melted, spread it out a little.
- Turn heat down to extreme low and gently crack two eggs away from each other. Using a soft spatula or wooden spoon, gently push the yolks to the centre of each white. If the eggs are fresh, the yolk shouldn’t burst.
- You should hear a very light sizzle, leave to cook until the whites are almost firm then from up high, season with salt and pepper.
- Using a spatula, gently slide underneath the eggs, lift and place over your buttered toast or directly on your warmed up plate.
- Pour left over butter directly over the yolk.