Learn How to Make a Classic Traditional Recipe loaded with squash, eggplant, onion, tomato, peppers & herbs that is absolutely delicious!
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Course: Side dish
- 28 ounces of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme leaves
- 2 thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 thinly sliced yellow squashes
- 2 thinly sliced eggplant
- 2 thinly sliced tomatoes
- 2 seeded red bell peppers cut into 1” squares
- 1 peeled and thinly sliced red onion
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley and shredded parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Pour the tomatoes to the bottom of a pan and season well with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoons of fresh thyme.
- Next, alternately layer the vegetable slices around the outside of 12” cast iron skillet packing them in tight. Do the same to the inside of the skillet and then place zucchini and squash rose in the center. See the video for details
- Season the top of the vegetables with salt and pepper, and 1 tablespoon of thyme and bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until crispy brown on top and cooked throughout.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and shredded parmesan cheese.
Originally published in billyparisi.com